It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: My 95 ef falcon won't crank/start . Please help!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 9:33 am 
Saving Up My Cash!

I ve been having this problem from quite some time now . sometimes I turned the key nothing happened . but it used to start after a few tries. But yesterday it just died on me . :(
Now everytime I try It does nothing . I hear the starter motor clicking . But that's it . Nothing happens after that . I tried tapping the left side steering thingo but its not working .
then the funny part begins . I played around a bit and opened the bonnet and took out the eng fuse 40A . And then turned the key , the car cranks but there is no fuel supply . Then to be sure it's not the neutral switch , I put it in gear and then turned key it didn't crank . So it only cranks in p and n with eng fuse out . but as soon as I put the fuse in it dies . all I can see is the (!) sign that comes on when I try to crank it . and if I keep holding the key in crank then smartlock flashes few times . But if it's something to do with smart lock then why is it letting me to turn the engine with the fuse out . With the fuse out the smartlock is still working because it flashes like normal.
for the past few days there's one thing odd tho . The smartlock light used to stay on when the car started .it would stay on and not go away. I got a mechanic to come over . He couldn't find out anything . he asked for the door lock remote and I didn't have it . I just got one key from the last owner , nothing else .
Btw the car is fitted with LPG and it automatically starts with petrol and switches to gas . Could it be something to do with it.
Any help appreciated .
Cheers :wink:

Post subject: Re: My 95 ef falcon won't crank/start . Please help!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

what a weird problem, try resetting the key barrel to the bcm and see if that helps. turn the key on till the red ignition lights are on. leave on for one hour. another thing to try would be to remove the starter relay and bridge out the wires to see if its a starter issue or elsewhere. if it cranks as normal, then there is a probelm elsewhere. E series suffers from faulty BCM's and this will remove it form the equation

1x confused Falcon..EL Falcon with full AU running gear...VCT, 5 speed, IRS, AUII front suspension, brakes, and steering
http://www.trueblueford.com/shane_el.html

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:49 pm 
Saving Up My Cash!

Thnx bro I'll surely try that .cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:47 pm 
Saving Up My Cash!

did you sort this out yet

if not hold the key in the start position and with the heel of your left hand hit the underside of the steering wheel really really hard might take a few hits but it generally works

sounds like your BCM is on its way out

regards HIKFRD