G'day everyone and welcome to my first post as Events Moderator!!
Well as we all know its been a cracking year for Ford in the V8's, as opposed to previous years, but the wheels have started to fall off in the last 3 or 4 rounds. Because of this however - we have an exciting final round this weekend starting Friday at the Eastern Creek Raceway NSW!
If you are within 500 km's of this raceway I recommend you give up your weekend and go and support the blue oval. They need all the support they can get.
Current Adjusted Championship Points:
1: Marcos Ambrose 1893
2: Greg Murphy 1869
3: Mark Skaife 1823
These three drivers can still take the championship.
-For Skaife he needs to finish 14 positions in front of Ambrose for the round and 9 in front of Murphy. This is feasable but hopefully not likely
- For Murphy to win he needs to finish at least 5 places in front of Ambrose.
- If Ambrose finishes the round in the top 5 he will win the championship. If points are level then Ambrose will win the championship due to more round wins.
- Last year Marcus Ambrose qualified 1st, won race 1 and 2, and won the round. A repeat dose of this would win him the championship.
- If everything goes to plan you should clock a lap around the one minute and 31-second mark.
- All the corners over the back all have kinks before the entry, which makes it difficult to pass
Memorable Moment: Marcus Ambrose
"I was sitting on the grid for my first Formula Ford National Championship race, and only my second ever, and my father would not let me out on to the track until I had drunk two litres of water. As I was revving the engine on the grid all I could think about was going to the toilet. The car was vibrating a lot and was giving me the urge pretty badly. Thankfully I crashed after a handful of laps and could get out of the car and relieve myself. It was a twilight meeting, so I could go at the side of the track and no one could see me."
TRACK FACTS - EASTERN CREEK
- Venue: Eastern Creek Raceway, Sydney, NSW
- Circuit Length: 3.43km
- Circuit Direction: Anti-clockwise
- Average Speed: 154.2kph
- Maximum Speed: 260-270kph
- Qualifying Record: Mark Skaife (Holden Commodore, 1999) 1:30.6550
- Lap Record: Mark Skaife (Holden Commodore, 1999) 1:31.7301
- 2003 Result: Round 3 of 2003 V8 Supercar Championship Series, 1 x 300km race: 1st: Marcos Ambrose; 2nd: Craig Lowndes; 3rd: Russell Ingall.
2004 Schedule: ROUND 13
11.50am-12.25pm - Practice session
2.40pm-2.55pm - Practice session
8am-8.30am - Shootout draw
11.10am-12.55pm - Entire field shootout
3pm-4pm - Race 1 (39 Laps)
10.50am-11.10am - Warm Up
1.30pm-.1.40pm - Driver Parade
1.40pm-2.20pm - Pre-race build-up
2.30pm-4.15pm - Race 2 (64 Laps)
TV TELECAST - NETWORK TEN
Saturday - November 29
Sunday - November 30
1pm-5pm - Round 13 V8 Supercar Championship Series
TUNE IN ON FRIDAY AND SUPPORT THE ARMY!
2004 BA MkII XR8 - 260kw, 6 Speed Manual
1997 EL Falcon 'Custom' - 200kw, 4 Speed Quickshift Auto
1971 XY Falcon GT 'Mockup' - Ain't what she used to be!